Families need to coordinate numerous health, education and emotional issues when caring for a child with special needs. As a professional, you may not always have the time or expertise (in a field outside your own) to provide that support to a family. Stone Soup Group is here to help bridge that gap.
We work with medical professionals, schools, social service providers and policy makers to collaboratively help families achieve the best outcomes for everyone involved.
When You Refer to Us
- It is typically because a family needs additional resources outside your field of expertise
- We provide reliable, accurate information using person first, family-friendly language
- Our services are confidential and free of charge to families
- Families are contacted by a Parent Navigator within 72 hours
- There are no eligibility requirements (we serve families regardless of diagnosis with a child up to age 26)
- Beyond Parent Navigation, families can be connected to Parent-to-Parent Support. An evidence-based practice to assist families by matching them with a unique source of expertise: other families who have children with similar needs, concerns, and challenges
- Download our Family Referral Form which contains a waiver/release of information.
- Complete the form with the family. Make sure the parent’s signature is included.
- Fax (907)561-3702 or deliver the completed form to Stone Soup Group .
Families can expect to be contacted within 72 hours. Services are at no cost to families and 100% confidential.