Families need to coordinate numerous health, education and emotional issues when caring for a child with special needs. As a professional, you may not always have the time or expertise (in a field outside your own) to provide that support to a family. Stone Soup Group is here to help bridge that gap.
REFER A FAMILY OR INDIVIDUAL TO STONE SOUP GROUP please call 907-561-3701
We work with medical professionals, schools, social service providers and policy makers to collaboratively help families achieve the best outcomes for everyone involved.
When You Refer to Us
- It is typically because a family needs additional resources outside your field of expertise
- We provide reliable, accurate information using person first, family-friendly language
- Our services are confidential and free of charge to families
- Families are contacted by a Parent Navigator within 72 hours
- There are no eligibility requirements (we serve families regardless of diagnosis with a child up to age 26)
- Beyond Parent Navigation, families can be connected to Parent-to-Parent Support. An evidence-based practice to assist families by matching them with a unique source of expertise: other families who have children with similar needs, concerns, and challenges