The State Vocational Rehabilitation Committee (SVRC) promotes the employment and rehabilitation of people with disabilities and will hold its annual face-to-face meeting on January 10-12, 2017 in Anchorage.
Meeting date, time and Location
- January 10: The meeting will be held from 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. at the Anchorage Marriot Downtown conference room at 820 West 7th
- January 11: The meeting will be held from 9:00 a.m. until 5:30 p.m. at the Anchorage Access Alaska conference room at 1217 East 10th Public testimony will be heard from 4:30 until 5:30 p.m.
- January 12: The meeting will be held from 8:30 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. at the Anchorage Marriot Downtown conference room at 820 West 7th
How to participate in public testimony
- Send an email with your testimony to Jason.Caputo@Alaska.gov or a fax to Jason Caputo at 907-465-2856. Your email or fax should include your permission to read it aloud at the public meeting and be sent by 5:00 p.m., January 5, 2017.
- In-person by coming to Anchorage Access Alaska Conference Room, 1217 East 10th Avenue, Anchorage during the public testimony portion of the meeting on January 11, 2017 between 4:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.
- Call in to the meeting on January 11, between 4:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. Call 1-888-354-0094 and, when prompted, enter the conference code number 2179208 followed by the # sign.
You may hear the meeting in session when you call. We will check the phone line periodically and will put your name on a list if there are other people before you giving testimony.
- Write a letter with your testimony, and include your permission to read aloud at the public meeting. Mail your testimony with enough time to reach our office by 5:00 p.m., January 5, 2017 and address it to:
Juneau, AK 99811
- Emailed, faxed or written testimony received after the above deadlines will be read at a future SVRC quarterly public meeting.
- If you intend to provide your testimony in person or by phone, letting us know in advance will help us better coordinate the public testimony.
The SVRC promotes the employment and rehabilitation of people with disabilities by creating statewide interest in disability issues, encouraging cooperation among individuals, public agencies, private organizations, and businesses, in obtaining assistance for, and education about, people with disabilities. For more information visit www.labor.alaska.gov/svrc/.
The State of Alaska, Department of Labor and Workforce Development, complies with Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Individuals attending the meeting who require special accommodations should call our toll free number 1-800-478-2815 and ask for Jason Caputo or email email@example.com. Please contact us in advance and allow enough time so that arrangements for the accommodation can be made.