A child with special needs is not the only family member to need support. As a parent, sibling or caregiver it can be overwhelming understanding a diagnosis, knowing where to start for services or feeling like you’ve been heard when it comes to your child’s care and education. Stone Soup Group is here to help fill this gap.
What we can do for you:
- Parent Navigation regarding health care information, school support, transitions, community and financial resources or behavior related issues
- Activities and training for family members and youth – offered monthly on various topics
- Family to Family connections with a trained parent “mentor” who has a child with similar diagnosis and is skilled at providing information and support
We are here to listen to your story, help you explore options and get emotional support in a safe space. As a family member you know your child better than anyone; and you are the one coordinating between your home, school and community. We are here to assist you through this experience whether you are just starting out or have hit a bump along the way. We call this service Parent Navigation.
The majority of staff at Stone Soup Group are family members of children with special needs so we know what it is like to go through this process both on a technical and emotional level.
What you can expect:
- All of our services are 100% confidential
- Services have no charge for families (some trainings do require a fee)
- Unbiased, accurate information
- Response within 72 hours of contacting us
Who we serve:
- Parents and family members of a child with special needs (including: medical, disability, mental health, and special education issues) from birth to age 26
- Children and youth with special needs from birth to age 26
- Professionals who work with children with special needs