Click on the video title to watch the recordings…
- Alaska’s Shared Vision for Teachers of Transition Age Students
- Stone Soup Group Parent Conference Video Archive – Recordings from Stone Soup Group’s Annual Parent Conferences
- Employment While Receiving Social Security Benefits – featuring Devon Rust, DVR – Division of Vocational Rehabilitation and Larissa Cummings, WIPA – Work Incentive Planning and Assistance Project
- ENABLE Special Needs Planning – Phil Clark discusses many key components of your Special Needs Planning journey
- Adolescent Health Care Transition – Joanne Singleton discusses tools for supporting adolescents and young adults as they learn about their health care needs.
- Guardianship and Supported Decision Making Agreements – Anne Applegate discusses Supported Decision Making Agreements, Guardianship and transition aged youth
- Medicaid Waiver Process – presented by the Developmental Disabilities Resource Connection (DDRC), Senior and Disabilities Services (SDS) and Pathfinder Care Coordination
- Social Security Work Incentives – Special rules that allow a person who receives Social Security benefits to work and still receive their SS benefits
DDRC Lunch & Learn Sessions:
- All About Anchorage Police Department’s Crisis Intervention Team – presented by Officer Angelina Salvato
- Supported Decision Making Agreements Overview – presented by Rick Benjamin
- Guardianship in Alaska Overview – presented by Amrit Khalsa
- All You Need to Know About Trusts – Trusts for Resource and Income Eligibility for Alaska Medicaid presented by Amrit Khalsa
- Medicaid Waiver Services Overview and Acronym Round Up – Overview of Medicaid Waiver Services and Acronyms
- SSI/Medicaid & how they connect to the DDRC – An overview on how to apply for SSI & Medicaid
- Parent Advocate Panel – Information shared by SSG Navigators who are also Parent Advocates
- What in the world is TEFRA? – An overview & discussion of TEFRA Medicaid with Stone Soup Group and Professional Panel.
Parent Learning Hour Classes:
Stone Soup Group Parent Navigator Anna Zierfuss alongside Fairbanks Northstar Borough School District Special Education host Parent Learning Hour. Explore recordings of the classes below.
- NEW! Traumatic Brain Injury In Students
- Positive Mental Health for Parents and Children
- The IEP Process Explained
- Exploration of Current Resources
- Understanding Behaviors
- All About School Therapies and Parent Support
- Trauma Informed Practices to Support Students and Families
- The Medicaid Waiver System in AK
- Being Informed: Navigating the Special Education Process
- Procedural Safeguards & Eligibility Categories
- Secondary Transitioning: How High Can They Go?
- Understanding De-escalation & Proactive/Reactive Strategies
- Executive Functioning Skills Explained – What are they?…
- Learning at Home
Take a look at our Community Calendar to register for an upcoming training or class!