Share Your Experience Working with DVR
with the State Vocational Rehabilitation Committee
State Vocational Rehabilitation Committee (SVRC) members are appointed by the Governor to provide oversight and to assist the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR) in developing and evaluating the DVR program. They are holding their next quarterly public meeting on October 15, 16, and 17, 2019, and they invite you to share your experience working with DVR by providing public testimony.
Meeting Location, Dates and Times
The Aleutian Pribilof Islands Association 1st Floor Conference Room, 1131 East International Airport Rd. Anchorage, Alaska.
The committee will hear public testimony via telephone and in-person on October 15, from 4 p.m. to 4:45 p.m.
– October 15: 10 a.m. until 4:45 p.m.
– October 16: 9 a.m. until 5 p.m.
– October 17: 9 a.m. until 3 p.m.
Share Your Experience Via Phone, Email, Letter, or In-Person
Here are four ways you can share your experience with DVR through the SVRC’s public testimony.
1. In-person by coming to the APIA 1st Floor Conference Room, during the public testimony portion of the meeting on October 15, 2019, from 4 p.m. until 4:45 p.m.
Each speaker will have three minutes to speak their testimony. Additional testimony can be submitted in writing.
2. Send an email with your testimony to dol.svrc@Alaska.gov or a fax to Jason Caputo at 907-465-2856. Your email or fax should include your permission to read it aloud at the public meeting and be sent by 5 p.m., October 11, 2019.
3. Call in to the meeting on October 15, 2019 between 4 p.m. and 4:45 p.m. Call 1-888-354-0094 and, when prompted, enter the conference code number 2179208111 followed by the # sign. Each speaker will have three minutes to speak their testimony. Additional testimony can be submitted in writing.You may hear the meeting in session when you call. We will check the phone line periodically and will put your name on a list if there are other people before you giving testimony.
4. Write a letter with your testimony, and include your permission to read aloud at the public meeting. Mail your testimony with enough time to reach our office by 5 p.m. on October 11, 2019, and address it to:
David Berube SVRC Chairperson P.O. Box 115516 Juneau, AK 99811-5516
• Emailed, faxed or written testimony received after the above mentioned deadline will be read at a future SVRC quarterly public meeting.
SVRC Website: www.labor.alaska.gov/svrc.
The State of Alaska, Department of Labor and Workforce Development, complies with Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Individuals attending the meeting who require special accommodations should contact Jason Caputo at 1-800-478-2815 or at 907-465-6933 or Jason.Caputo@alaska.gov. Please call in advance and allow enough time so that arrangements for the accommodation can be made.