- This event has passed.
Juneau FASD Community: FASD Intensive Workshop
July 31, 2017 - August 1, 2017USD500.00
For Professionals and Other Community Members
Ken Kissinger, an adult with an FASD and Kee Warner, developer of the Whitecrow Village Model, adoptive mother of individuals with an FASD, and recognized expert in the field, with 20+ years of experience
$500 per person for the week
Professional UAA Credits Available
During this workshop you will:
- Learn to see the world through the “eyes” of someone experiencing an FASD.
- Discover how interdependence contributes to strategies that work.
- Understand how to evaluate and alter environments in support of people with an FASD.
- Explore contemporary understanding and issues related to FASD and practical applications of recent research. Discuss and practice the principles necessary to guide the development of individualized strategies.
- Discuss and practice the principles that guide the development of individual strategies. This multi-media workshop includes, lecture, discussion, and interactive group activities.
Do you have an event you’d like featured on this calendar? Submit your event for publication here.