Stone Soup Group Parent Conference 2023
March 24, 2023 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
One event on March 24, 2023 at 8:00 am
Dates: Wednesday 3/23/23 and Thursday 3/24/23
Time: 8am – 5pm (both days)
Location: BP Energy Center; 1014 Energy Court Anchorage, AK 99508
March 23rd, Day 1
Guest Speaker: Pete Wright, Esq.
Topic: Wrightslaw – One-day special education law and advocacy program focusing on four areas:
- special education law, rights and responsibilities
- tests and measurements to measure progress & regression
- SMART IEPs
- introduction to tactics & strategies for effective advocacy
Wrightslaw programs are designed to meet the needs of parents, educators, health care providers, advocates and attorneys who represent children with disabilities regarding special education. The program is not disability specific.
Conference fee includes:
*Conference admittance for March 23rd-24th with catered lunch
*Three Wrightslaw books (provided the morning of the conference)
1. Wrightslaw: Special Education Law, 2nd Ed.,
2. Wrightslaw: From Emotions to Advocacy, 2nd Ed.
3. Wrightslaw: All About IEPs
*Wrightslaw highlighter pen
*At the conclusion of the program, Wrightslaw will provide attendees with a link to a password protected subdirectory to download those three books in the adobe.pdf format. The three print and pdf books retail for $103.70
March 24th, Day 2
Table Topic Discussions:
Guest Speakers: Alison Lovelace and Traci Fitka
Topic: Reboot and Recharge with Positive Supports
- Click HERE to learn more about Alison Lovelace
- Click HERE to learn more about Traci Fitka – Coming soon!
Guests Speaker: Annie Thomas-Landrum
Topic: Debriefing and Renewal: A Time to Look Back so We Can Move Forward
2023 Parent Conference Agenda – Coming Soon!
*Please choose just one registration type*