- This event has passed.
Stone Soup Group Parent Conference 2023
March 23 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
One event on March 24, 2023 at 8:00 am
REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT HAS CLOSED
*March 23rd, Day 1
Guest Speaker: Pete Wright, Esq.
Click HERE to learn more about Pete Wright
Topic: Wrightslaw – One-day special education law and advocacy program focusing on four areas:
- special education law, rights and responsibilities
- tests and measurements to measure progress & regression
- SMART IEPs
- introduction to tactics & strategies for effective advocacy
Wrightslaw programs are designed to meet the needs of parents, educators, health care providers, advocates and attorneys who represent children with disabilities regarding special education. The program is not disability specific.
Conference fee includes:
*Conference admittance for March 23rd-24th with catered lunch
*Three Wrightslaw books (provided the morning of the conference)
1. Wrightslaw: Special Education Law, 2nd Ed.,
2. Wrightslaw: From Emotions to Advocacy, 2nd Ed.
3. Wrightslaw: All About IEPs
*Wrightslaw highlighter pen
*At the conclusion of the program, Wrightslaw will provide attendees with a link to a password protected subdirectory to download those three books in the adobe.pdf format. The three print and pdf books retail for $103.70
*March 24th, Day 2
Table Topic Discussions:
- Caregiver Perspective: Strategies and Support
- Self-Advocate Perspective: Setting and Achieving Goals
- Early & Infant Learning Perspective: TBA
- Resources Perspective: TBA
- LINKS: How to have a successful IEP meeting as a parent
Guest Speakers: Alison Lovelace and Traci Fitka
Topic: Reboot and Recharge with Positive Supports
Are you needing a reboot to support you and your family to change the way you interact with your child while maintaining your family values and goals? Join our presentation and learn about how to decrease problem behaviors and increase more behaviors you want to see more! You will leave the session with a plan to implement positive strategies within your home for yourself and other family members.
Guest Speaker: Wendy Battino
Topic: Debriefing and Renewal: A Time to Look Back so We Can Move Forward